Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2002 Nissan Maxima Cylinder 2 - No ignition after running out of fuel.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEED HELP 2002 Nissan Maxima Cylinder 2 - No ignition after running out of fuel.

Hello all.
    I have a 02 6mt. My fuel gauge went out which caused me to run out of fuel completely. I filled it up and cylinder 2 has stopped firing.

I replaced my injectors, coil pack, spark plug. I feel the injectors firing and despite unplugging the coil pack, the motor still runs the same. No codes or anything except for misfirenon cylinder 2. No idea if it could be a wiring issue as this car has no history of any shorting/cutting off/stopping so I'm at a circle here.

Anyone have spots to check for voltage on the ignition side? I'll start with the plug itself and try to find a replacement individual harness. I've heard crank sensors can sometimes spark and short out after running out of fuel but I don't wanna buy something I don't need. Anyone have any advice? Thank you

I ran into a similar issue and it turned out to be my issue experienced a short. It was always Cylinder two. In my case, I was actually changing spark plugs and two coilpack wires were exposed and made contact. So it blew my ECU.
    For Latest News, Visit my4dsc.com

Comment

It's part of the reason i always keep a spare ECU to always check

Comment

Originally posted by EddyMaxx View Post
        It's part of the reason i always keep a spare ECU to always check
        Ah I see. Do you know where the wires contacted? And it was just purely ignition right? You had fuel ECT.
        Trying to see if there's a definite sign that it's my ECU. Had a friend with a 3v mustang do the same thing, ended up swapping his ECU.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxima View Post

Ah I see. Do you know where the wires contacted? And it was just purely ignition right? You had fuel ECT.
          Trying to see if there's a definite sign that it's my ECU. Had a friend with a 3v mustang do the same thing, ended up swapping his ECU.
          Yeah it was just that ignition coil. Spent days trying to basically dissect the harnesses. I borrowed an ECU from a friend and bammmm, misfire went away. I even drove to a diff state with that misfire. Wasn't good but had to drive lol

Comment

Originally posted by EddyMaxx View Post

Yeah it was just that ignition coil. Spent days trying to basically dissect the harnesses. I borrowed an ECU from a friend and bammmm, misfire went away. I even drove to a diff state with that misfire. Wasn't good but had to drive lol
            Ah ok. I'll look into borrowing an ECU lol. I'm guessing I can swap any 02 6mt ECU? Also thank you for the tip hopefully I can save my baby 🥺

Comment

Originally posted by Maxima View Post

Ah ok. I'll look into borrowing an ECU lol. I'm guessing I can swap any 02 6mt ECU? Also thank you for the tip hopefully I can save my baby 🥺
              Yeah, it's like the quick things to rule out. Because you can go spend hours and hours, and then ultimately you'll just have nothing but ECU. Yeah, as long as its a 6spd ECU, you're good. Josh usually has these for sale. Would be good if you had one without NATs. But worse case you can use Nissan Datascan to program it.

Comment

Any updates?

Comment

Working...
                X